50g butter plus extra for greasing the tin
330g caster sugar
4 Large eggs
300g self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
90g desiccated coconut
125ml non-fat milk
3 ounces passion fruit concentrate
400g icing sugar
2 ounces passion fruit concentrate
1 ½ tbsp hot water
Here’s how :
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a round tin with melted butter, and line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
2. Mix the caster sugar and butter until nice and creamy then add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift self-rising flour and baking powder together, and mix with the desiccated coconut.
4. In another bowl stir the milk and 3 ounces passion fruit concentrate together.
5. Fold flour and coconut into the butter mixture in three lots, adding one-third of the passion fruit mixture each time.
6. Pour into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until skewer into cake comes out clean and the cake is golden on top. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
7. For the frosting, beat ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cooled cake.